So what went kablooey? Well in the life a mother with young kids and an infant, diapers and potty training consume lots of my day. Eliza hadn't had a dirty diaper for 2 days. And wouldn't you know it that she decided to clear her system in the middle of the night! So last night after I had just been asleep for 2 hours, she's start fussing. Her dirty diaper required an outfit change - onsie, Pj's, and one massive full diaper at 2:00 in the morning. After she nursed for awhile, she went back to sleep till I woke her this morning at 7 am. I knew it was coming at some point, but had hoped and even prayed that it wouldn't come in the middle of the night. Oh, well. I guess God was trying to teach me something.
This is week 2 of potty training for Ezra and Elise. They both are wearing underwear in the morning. Yes, there's been accidents - so for now laundry for those 2 has increased. Ezra has managed to poop in the toilet about half the time. Elise has yet to make it to the toilet for that function. So far Ezra has only told me once that he has to go potty. All other times, I'm setting the timer in the kitchen to remember to take him & Elise often enough and on a consistent basis. Otherwise, time passes me by and potty training gets forgotten. Some day, hopefully soon, they shall be in underwear all day long and then after that taking themselves to the bathroom sometime in the near future. Should I give them all summer for that transition?
I do finally have one permanently out of diapers, even at night. Ella has officially graduated to no diapers at night! Yea!! She's been dry at night now for at least a month.
Thus this wraps up the diaper saga for now. Till the next graduation . . . . will it be Ezra or Elise who's potty trained first? Who knows . . . . maybe Emmeline will beat them both and be dry at night. We shall see . . .. . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You sure do have a diaper saga going at your house. I can see why you say you must set the timer and why the whole process takes time in your day. Ever teaching you are. I can see, too, the progress in their lives when I read about it. It is just so slow from your perspective because it is much work for you. Congratulations to Ella!
thank the Lord for timers! i used that method a lot when potty training...since mommies are expert multi-taskers, it is hard to remember to take them pottie when there's so much going on! may you have supernatural stamina for the training and ensuing laundry!! you are one amazing mommy. hope you had a good mothers' day!
Post a Comment