Thursday, May 8, 2008

Painting fun

Today we did some painting. Boy were the kids excited about it. Ella got to paint one of her horses that she received from Aunt Jenny for Christmas - She had lots of fun and did quite well. I'll have to post pictures of it later. The other 3 did finger paints & finished up the supply I had on hand. This was Elise's 1st time painting - she used the green. Emmeline used the blue & yellow and Ezra used up the red. There was a mess to clean up, but thanks to water based paint and was too bad to wipe up with a washcloth and it came off their hands with soap & water.

Tom got to go go-carting this afternoon with the guys in his discipleship group. It was to celebrate one of the guy's birthdays. Tom posted the fastest speed on the track, which I'm not too surprised at. He said it was fun, but rather pricey.

This afternoon I read some books to the kids and then after snack we went outside. We picked up sticks again in the front & backyards so that the lawn would be ready for Tom to mow tomorrow. After that chore was completed, I picked some rhubarb - the first of the year! I made a rhubarb upside down cake - Tom's favorite rhubarb dessert! When that was in the oven, the kids enjoyed some time riding their bikes in the driveway till close to bedtime (around 6:45) when they ate a quick supper of pancakes and then got ready for bed.

No comments: