Tuesday, June 10, 2008

3 new recipes

I was trying to clear out some recipe booklets that have been sitting on my shelf for quite a few years - maybe 5? - without ever being used. I kept a few, but got rid of lots. They had fancy meals/appetizers that I'd never make nor have the ingredients for. But one proved quite useful - it contained recipes using beef. In the last 3 days, I've made 3 new recipes. I pulled one out from my recipe box that I'd gotten from a friend several years back, but had yet to try it. So first I made Beef Enchiladas. What made this recipe unique is that it had black olives and cottage cheese in it - very tasty! My friend's recipe was Cheesy Pasta with chicken.
The 3rd one we had tonight and it was my favorite, called German Pizza. It was all cooked in a pan on the stovetop had hashbrowns on the bottom, topped with browned hamburger & onions with eggs/milk poured over the top & it all simmered for 30 minutes. Last added was shredded cheddar cheese to melt on top. Of course maybe I really liked it because I've always liked potatoes and they've been one of my favorite foods my whole childhood.

No comments: