The kids had a blast with Aunt Carolyn here to visit for the weekend. She made it here safely on Friday evening, having avoided the worst of the severe storms that passed through her route and after one wrong turn (due to detours because of construction on Highway 7) arrived here before the kids went to bed. Saturday we took 2 walks and the 3 older kids got to ride their bikes, which they were quite excited about. In the morning we went to the library and in the afternoon we went to the lake park. There we saw several white cranes (I believe) fishing for fish. So Carolyn and I had fun watching the birds and the kids enjoyed throwing some rocks & sticks into the lake.
Sunday Carolyn graciously offered to watch the kids and let Tom & I go on a date. So we went and enjoyed some cones from DQ and went and saw Indiana Jones at the movie theater (quite rare that Tom and I watch movies especially at the theater). So we splurged and got a huge bucket of popcorn to munch on during the movie.
On Monday morning Carolyn and I did some house cleaning. I vacuumed while Carolyn moved kids' beds and the couches in the living room (amazing what you find on the couches when they're moved) and then I sorted through the 2 older girls' clothes and took out winter stuff and moved too small of clothes from Ella's drawers to Emmeline's.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment