Thursday, February 5, 2009

Eliza - 4 weeks old

Wow! The month of January flew by. Eliza is already 4 weeks old. Last Friday the 30th of Jan., I took Eliza in for a weight check. She was 7 lb. - so she finally past her birth weight of 6 lb 11 oz. She's still nursing well, as long as I remember to keep her awake the whole 30 minutes. And she's also kept her pattern of sleeping well at night, too - which Tom & I are surprised at, but quite thankful for the length of sleep we can get at night.

Today Ella had her teeth cleaned at the dentist. She cooperated really well, unlike her 1st appt back in October 2007 (she had just turned 5). She has no cavities. Her 6 year molars will come in any day now. And she likes her new toothbrush and the little wide up toy she got to pick out as a prize! Next week Emmeline gets her teeth cleaned and Ezra & Elise get their turn the following week.

So far this week (with no extra help around) has been go surprisingly well. I can definitely tell that Ella & Emmeline are older and are good helpers, able to dress themselves and clean themselves up following meals, listen well, etc.

It was in the 30's today. It was nice enough that Tom grilled some steaks for dinner this evening. I guess only in Minnesota would one think about grilling when the temp. reaches the 30's! The kids enjoyed playing outside on this warm Minnesota winter day. Looks like it'll remain in the 30's for the highs over the following week. Kind of nice after having so many weeks of quite cold weather.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elaine,
It was so good to hear from you. I have been wondering how you have been doing, often thinking of you. How thankful I am things have been going well for you.

I loved hearing all your news - Eliza's weight gain, Ella's dental check-up, the grilling. Love that news from the North!

Deb said...

what a very good update! sounds like you are holding up well...what a woman!! i salute you, elaine!