Thursday, December 17, 2009

Menu continued

For today, the egg bake (that I put together last night) turned out yummy! The combination of sausage, eggs, shredded zucchini, green peppers, onions, and cheese was good. We ended up not having PB&J for lunch. Tom's day is going to happen tomorrow and I found an ice cream bucket of clam chowder in the freezer. So no need for Tom to make more, yet. Tonight's Pizza also turned pretty good. I made one just cheese & the other had beef, onion, green pepper, black olive, mushroom, cheese. I didn't have pizza sauce on hand, so I just used some Ragu spaghetti sauce that I had on hand - it turned fine. There's still plenty of olives left in from that big can.

This morning the kids played Uncle Wiggly - which is a board game with simple counting to move pieces across the board to the finish line. This afternoon, Marky & Julia were at our house. So all the kids enjoyed playing together. The 4 older ones played outside along time sledding & working on the beginnings of a "house" or fort made from snow blocks chunked out of the snow pile left from shoveling the driveway (which was mostly shoveled by Ella).

2 comments:

grandma connie said...

Thanks for sharing your menus and your days, Elaine. I am always interested in hearing about life at your house in Minnesota.

grandma connie said...

Just reread your menu blogs and am thinking your planning will reap wonderful "fruit" for your family. Good for you! Your comments were interesting and creative, Elaine.