Well, it went fairly well today. Definitely not perfect. Plans sure did help by having it on paper, but next time I'd better do some extra checking in the freezers & realize what I have thawed out. First, I realized this morning that I did not have any applesauce thawed out for the baked Oatmeal I'd planned for breakfast (I put in half applesauce & half oil in the recipe). So instead we had cooked oatmeal (always a favorite of Ezra's). Then I went to get out some beef & zucchini for tonight & realized that we didn't have very many packages of zucchini left (guess we actually used it up, accept for the ones that were overgrown & became tough). But we are overloaded with green peppers - some in there from last year still! So I got out the beef & decided to add green peppers to the meatloaf, but no zucchini. I did got out a pack of zucchini (for egg casserole) & refried beans to thaw out in the fridge for future meals & got out the applesauce so that we can have baked oatmeal on Wednesday, and I got out the whole chicken & started it thawing out in some cold water for tomorrow's supper.
At lunch we did eat leftovers, but there was quite enough. So I had an egg in the nest for my meal. Supper turned out well. Eliza especially liked the cabbage/carrot stir fry (which I tossed in some green peppers into it, too - I think green peppers are going to show up in lots of meals over the winter). When getting out the cabbage, I discovered that there's still some red cabbage hiding out in my fridge to use up yet. So still a few "fresh" veggies from the garden left yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment