Tuesday was not the best of days. I was in a grumpy mood and that tends to affect the whole household. That afternoon 2 Bees had sneaked in the house, which I swatted and deposited in the trash can. Later that afternoon as I'm starting to get supper ready, I turn from the sink and step on something sharp. Thinking that it's a duplo lego that one of the kids had dropped on the floor, I look down to see a big bee on the bottom of my foot! OUCH! I guessing the 2nd bee I swatted earlier had not been dead and had gotten out. Ugggh! Well, I made sure that the thing was really dead this time and even sprayed it with a bee killing spray. Then put a couple of ice cubes in a washcloth and sat that on the floor and put my foot on it. So then I continued with supper preparation while Tom was working on stuff outside.
Then I hear Ella start to cry; one of her "I just hurt myself" cries. Ouch! She got her finger shut in the screen door. Off to the bathroom we go to get some salve and a band-aid.
When supper was fixed, I quickly ran to the grocery store to get some things. When I get back, I smell smoke - but Tom is burning some wood in our burn pit in the back yard and so think nothing of it. After a few minutes, I go to the stove and discover that the green beans had been left on while I went to the store (I thought I'd turn them off before I left). They were inedible! Really, really, really burned. The bottom layer completely black and crispy -yuck! So I microwaved some frozen peas instead.
The one good part of the day is that I did not swell up from the bee sting. In the past, I have gotten stung by wasps and swell up quite a bit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for your openness about your not so good day, Elaine. It was a "Little House in Winsted" story!
Post a Comment