Saturday, December 6, 2008

A Farm experience

What are the children looking at? Well as you can see we are at a farm. A guy in our church butchered a cow the Wed. before Thanksgiving. Tom went to help with the skinning (I do have pictures of that part - but decided not to post those pics on the blog) and Tom & I thought the kids might find it interesting to watch. Can you tell that we both grew up on farms?

So here the kids are watching Daddy help skin the cow. They weren't grossed out, but did ask questions. Like what are they doing? Why? After we'd been watching awhile, we took a break and the kids gathered a few turkey feathers that they saw laying on the ground. The kids & I only stayed for an hour and left to go warm up again at home.

Tom came home with the skinned tail. A couple of days later while I was on an outing with some young gals from our church, Tom made some delicious Ox Tail soup! He certainly is a good cook!

No comments: