It started Sat. the 20th when my OB doctor called and said that he'll be gone on vacation Dec 26th-Jan 2nd. My due date is the 28th of Dec. My sister was with us Dec 20th-25th. So Tom & I decided to try and induce labor in order to have my doctor be able to deliver the baby. We went to the hospital Monday night at 9:30pm. (I look and feel optimistic as you can tell from the picture.) They put in the cervital (gel/prostoglandin) to finish softening up my cervix. Then at 7am the next morning, they started pitosin. But to no avail; I only dilated to 1cm. They finally turned it off at 3pm and I went home. Disappointed yes, but I must tell you that my bed was mighty comfortable after that hospital bed. I slept for 12 hours Tues night. So now we wait for labor to start.
Thursday, December 25, 2008
God said not yet
It started Sat. the 20th when my OB doctor called and said that he'll be gone on vacation Dec 26th-Jan 2nd. My due date is the 28th of Dec. My sister was with us Dec 20th-25th. So Tom & I decided to try and induce labor in order to have my doctor be able to deliver the baby. We went to the hospital Monday night at 9:30pm. (I look and feel optimistic as you can tell from the picture.) They put in the cervital (gel/prostoglandin) to finish softening up my cervix. Then at 7am the next morning, they started pitosin. But to no avail; I only dilated to 1cm. They finally turned it off at 3pm and I went home. Disappointed yes, but I must tell you that my bed was mighty comfortable after that hospital bed. I slept for 12 hours Tues night. So now we wait for labor to start.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment