Monday, January 5, 2009

41 weeks

I had my Dr.'s appt this morning. Nothing new to report as far as progress. Still at 1 cm and baby's head is high. He did a quick ultrasound in his office to check and make sure the baby was head down. Yes the baby was head down. Then I had to head over to the labor/delivery floor for an NST (non-stress test). For this test they put on the fetal heart monitor & contraction monitor belts. Then they wait for the baby to move 2 different times and make sure that the heartbeat accellerates good. The baby did well and passed the test within 30 minutes.

So now what you ask? . . . . . .

Well, should labor not come and if Tom is feeling well (Tom was feeling under the weather today. We both hope it's just today and that he'll be feeling much better tomorrow) - I'll go in at 7pm Tuesday evening and they'll put in the cervital again. They'll monitor me for a couple of hours. If things look OK and I'm not in labor, I'll go home for a good nights sleep and then go in 6:30 or 7am Wed morning to start pitosin.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So is the baby still posterior?

Megamom said...

I had prostgladin gel with Ariana and it did work. She was a week overdue at that point. Just dont let them talk you into morphine or the like, that slows contractions :) Not long now.

Deb said...

thank you for the update...the countdown is on. health to your wonderful husband....
still praying for the perfect timing for baby e's arrival! (i'm just guessing at the 'e' part!)