Saturday, January 3, 2009

Tom's day at home


Yesterday was Tom's day at home. The kids always look forward to that day and Sundays. Tom built them a fort/tent with the couches and some big blankets in the living room. They were in and out of the fort all morning long. Tom also put some more shelves in Ezra & Elise's closet, and now the toys can be stored in better. In the afternoon he took all the kids to a park in town. The kids had lots of fun in the snow and on the equipment at the park. The picture is of Ella holding up a chunk of snow that Tom drew a cross in.
For supper, Tom and I went out to eat. We had a discount coupon to Sunni's Grille in Howard Lake and thought we'd use it up before the baby comes. We had a delicious meal of onion rings, clam chowder soup, and Oriental salad.

Today, Sat. the 3rd makes the baby 6 days overdue. We're still waiting and praying that the baby will come on it's own and that I will not have to go through being induced a 2nd time. I have an appt on Monday with my doctor. Tom's praying that I'll go into labor tomorrow, Sunday afternoon, at 1pm. We'll see what God's answer to that prayer is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you too. We'll join Tom in his 1:00pm request:)

Deb said...

Thank you for the update, Elaine. We are thinking of you and praying for the Lord's perfect timing. Induction is no fun...each time I had one of our kiddos, my water broke, I did not dialate or have strong contractions, and so, the pitosin! (I tried the prosteglandin gel once too...didn't work!) I know this was what 'the plan' was for me...BUT I join you in praying for you to go into labor on your own! [hugs]