I did something rather unusual this last week. When I left my sister's, I borrowed a couple of movies from her. Tues night I watched the new shorter version of Pride and Prejudice while folding laundry. Then Wed night, Tom said he'd be willing to watch it with me. So we watched the new version of Pride and Prejudice. Then Thursday night, I started watching the older longer version of Pride and Prejudice while once again folding laundry. Then I finished it Saturday night while ironing a bunch of clothes. I must say, I do like the older version better - it follows the book quite well and many of the spoken lines are quoted directly from the book. So I'd say that it has to be my favorite movie.
In the afternoon on Friday and Saturday, the kids got to ride their bikes and draw with chalk on the driveway. While they were doing that, I sorted through some of their summer clothes and the next size clothes for Ella & Ezra - checking to see what was needed and making a list for garage sales. In fact, Sat. morning I went to a garage sale in the middle school gym in Howard Lake (put on by the Early childhood dept). They allow people to set up their items/clothes that they want to sell. So it's great for me to be able to peruse over a dozen different "garage" sales all in one big area, rather than having to get in and out of a vehicle. I carried Elise on my back and put Ezra in our single stroller to keep them confined. The 2 older girls do quite well and don't get into things like the younger 2 do.
This morning we had the Haining Family - a family who does bluegrass music - visiting and they did the music portion of our service. They were fun to listen to, great harmony between the siblings and each family member played some instrument - whether harmonica, fiddle, bass, mandolin, guitar, etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment