Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Trip to Rochester

Sunday later afternoon, the kids and I headed down to Rochester where my sister lives and spent some extra time with her and my parents who were still there visiting. It was good to visit. After the kids went to bed we spent the first evening talking and catching up. Then the next day - the weather didn't permit any outdoor activity - so Grandpa, Ezra, Emmeline, and I (while Ella & Elise stayed at the house with Grandma) took a morning trip to Mills Fleet and Farm. The kids enjoyed see the big store and looking at the stuffed (taxidermied) animals mounted on the walls in the store. The 4 of us had fun jumping or talking big steps over all the cracks in the cement floor. The kids giggled alot and thought that Grandpa was funny.
That evening when my sister got home from work, we had Chinese food (take out) and a DQ ice cream cake (what a treat). Then after the kids went to bed, we played The Farming Game - which is kind in the same format as Monopoly, but more realistic and it was quite fun. Then before we headed to bed, my parents, sister, and I had a short time of prayer together about my Dad's upcoming surgery. What a blessing that prayer time was!

The next day after lunch, I headed home. I didn't leave right after breakfast because the roads were slick and it was still snowing some. On the way home we listened to "These Happy Golden Years" - the last audio book of Laura Ingalls Wilder books. We now just have the last half of the last tape and we'll be finished.

No comments: