April is almost gone and you'd think that summer was just around the corner, but not yet. It snowed last night and this morning. We got a couple of inches that will probably melt away by the end of Sunday.
Elise has had a fever since Wednesday afternoon. Still waiting for her to get over it. It's the only symptom she has. She still interacts well, plays and eating (though not as much). I must say that I really like the ear thermometer we have. In 3 seconds you have a temp. taken! In spite of her fever, we still had some outings in the last several days. Thursday morning I went to some garage sales up in Howard Lake and took Elise with me and Tom stayed home with the older 3. I got some books and found some poster size maps of the Continents, World countries, South America, Antarctica. I also found some lined charts that I can utilize for chore lists/assignments, etc and I found some cling stickers of weather stuff like sunny, cloudy, raining. And I found some stickers that I can use for crafts or for rewarding the children.
Friday in the afternoon, the kids and I went over to Michael's (a 3 yr old boy) house. I met his mom when she's come to our church 2 times and now she and her husband are a part of the Love and Respect growth group (the 2nd one we've started) down in Lester Prairie. The kids had fun playing together and the mom and I had some good discussions. For supper we went over to Aaron and Eve's house. We had yummy pita's with sliced tomatoes, cuc's, cucumber creamy sauce/dip, and grilled steak pieces. After dinner, the kids got to watch a couple of movies, which is a treat for them and we play "Who, What, Where" - a drawing and guessing game with Aaron and Eve. It was a good evening, though we didn't get home till close to 11:30. So today we're a little tired and I'm kind of grumpy. Hopefully I'll get a nap during the kids quiet time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment