Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Elise the laundry snowman

Yep, you guessed it. There's a story behind this title. Yesterday afternoon I was downstairs doing laundry - putting wet clothes into the drying and Elise was helping me. The phone rang, so I ran upstairs to answer it. While I'll was on the phone (Ella & Emmeline were gone to play at Annie's house), Ezra headed downstairs. I got off the phone and ran down to check on them and boy had they made a mess! Elise looked liked a white "snowman". Ezra had scooped the powder laundry detergent onto the floor and dumped it all over Elise. Ezra or Elise (not sure which one) even took the powder stuff and dumped some on the floor in the kitchen area downstairs. So I sent Ezra to his bed (which he obeyed and actually stayed in bed till I got upstairs) and then I proceeded to clean Elise up. The bathtub downstairs got quite bubbly. She didn't like the water I splashed on her face, but I wanted to make sure any detergent got "flushed" away from her eyes. Thankfully she hadn't tasted much of the stuff and so did not get sick nor did she get any rash from it. Now my detergent (which it's big box from Sam's and was the perfect size for Elise to stand on watch me load laundry in the washer) is now on the dryer, out of reach of the little kiddos.

No comments: