Thursday, March 20, 2008

Food and Games

The girls have now started The Long Winter audio book. Last night I started to listen to Super Market Savings 101 and some of the things mentioned I've already started to do or have been doing for awhile. The biggest thing for me to tackle is Menu planning and using up what we have stocked up.

Tuesday evening, I got invited over to Dave & Janet's to play games. Their friends Sean & Linda and Janet's niece were also there. It was a lively group to play with. We played Tong - Dutch Blitz but played with poker cards. We played to 100 points and I won by at least 30 points. Then we played The Name Game. A simple, but fun game. Each player writes down 10 names, any they can think of with first and last name. Then you have 2 teams and take turns seeing how many names can be guessed in 1 minute until all the names of have been guessed. The team wins who guesses the most names.

Yesterday, it was fairly nice and so we ended up going for 2 walks. One in the morning to the Riemers for play group and another in the afternoon to go to the library to pick the audio books that had come in. That night for supper, we enjoyed grilled pork steaks, cheesy cauliflower dish and rosemary roasted potato slices.

I've been on an egg kick this week. Ezra and I have had eggs for breakfast each morning. I've even had an egg sandwich for lunch twice.

No comments: