Crystal, a college student who attends our church, came and helped with our kids on Thurs, Tom's day at home. So while she watched our kids, Tom & I took off on a bike around - about 10 miles or so. It was such a beautiful day - it got to 50 degrees! in the afternoon. The gravel roads were dry enough that we were able to bike all but 1-2 miles on them. We paused at a lake & just stood and listened to the quietness. We looked around at an old Swedish Evangelical Lutheran cemetery tucked away in a grove of trees. One tomb stone was dated back to 1890. There was even an old, half caved-in outhouse building. I was tuckered out in the legs after that ride, but otherwise no soreness. So I must be getting in better shape.
In the afternoon, the kids got to ride bike in the driveway since it was soooo nice out. Hard to believe that by Tues we may have 1/2 foot of snow on the ground. Well, I do suppose this is March in Minnesota. Last year, this is when we got the most snow - getting two 10 inch snows within 2 weeks.
In the afternoon, Tom showed me how to catalog books on our computer using the Readerware program (so that we have an easy record of them, should we ever have a home disaster happen). So during the past 3 evenings, I've been cataloging books. I like doing task work and so it's been fairly enjoyable. I'd say we've gotten 70% of the books catalog. Not all done by me - another guy had done all of Tom's study books at an earlier time, and even Michelle had done some when she was here during the summer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment