Michelle, Tom's sister, visited us this weekend. She came in time for the women's night out that I hosted at my house on Friday evening. There were 10 ladies all together including me & Michelle. So it was a small group, but still a good night. We ate, talked, & played Bible Outburst & MadGab.
I made a chip dip that had a layer of refried beans, sour cream/taco seasoning, cheese, black olives, & guacomole dip. It was quite tasty, even as leftovers.
Sat. was kind of relaxing. Tom and Michelle attempted to cross country skiing, but Michelle's skis didn't work out. But they did build a book shelf together, while Ella & Emmeline played on the steps. So for me with only 2 kids upstairs - it seemed like an easier afternoon. In the evening, Michelle and I talked while Tom met with the young people's group. Then we changed our clocks and headed to bed.
It's easier on the kids to jump ahead 1 hr than it is to fall back 1 hr. The kids slept until 7:45! Of course their bodies thought it was 6:45, but it allowed to sleep longer! After lunch, Emmeline & I headed up to Howard Lake for a Baby shower and the rest of the household laid down for naps. When I got back, Emme & I joined the others at the lake. I played a little bit of broom ball, which my body is protesting a bit today from those activities. Then in the evening Jesse came and brought fixings for an Ethiopian meal. While Tom, Jesse & Michelle fixed supper, I typed up prayer requests and then we ate a scrumptious meal. After the kids were in bed, the 4 of us played Bible Outburst, Battle of the Sexes (a board trivia game) and then talked some and enjoyed a rhubarb crisp dessert. I have just 1/2 a bag of rhubarb left in the freezer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment