Sunday, March 7, 2010

Drip, drip, drip

Today, the temp hit 40! The snow is really starting to melt now, but there is still about a foot of snow still on the ground. There is some grass peeking through on the curbsides & under a few trees. The birds were singing away outside & I even heard some geese flying over. We (the kids & I) went for a walk outside. Ezra carried a stick along with him. He had fun poking it into the snow drifts & dragging it threw the melt-off water beside the curb as we walked. Once we were on a sidewalk, the kids ran and ran. I'm not the only one that gets cabin fever come March. I carried Eliza on my back - she enjoyed the walk, too.

Since the driveway is now clear of snow/ice, Ella has been trying to learn how to jump rope. She's so happy that she can now make it at least once and sometimes 2-3 times in a row of jumping.

Eliza is making some progress with communicating back to us. I've been teaching her some sign language (please, more, all finished, milk, out, eat). She understands the signs when I sign them & she even signed please yesterday! She also waved good night to us a couple days ago.

1 comment:

grandma connie said...

So enjoying your blog, Elaine. Good-bye snow; hello spring!

I watched someone jump rope at the community center the other day. It is a great skill to develop. Tell Ella I am so proud of her for trying to learn.

Also, I love it when your little ones begin to catch on to signing. How fun to see Eliza try her new communication tools!