Last Night Tom and I relaxed and played a game of Scramble. The picture here shows the completed game. The last round we each had one letter left to play. I had 263 pts & Tom had 246. I played my "N" at the top to form the words "in" & "an" for 8 pts (not bad for laying down one 1 point letter and spelling two 2 letters words). Then Tom played his last letter "u" and the bottom right hand to form the word "xu" (never heard of it? neither had I). He got the triple word score on it for a total of 27 pts! and ended up with a grand score of 273 (just 2 points higher than my score of 271). Here I thought that for once I'd actually beat Tom at Scramble. Oh, well. At least it was a really close game, and we did have fun playing it. In case you're wondering, the word xu has several different meanings. (X unit, symbol xu, a unit of length formerly used to measure the wavelength of X-rays and gamma rays) and the second is (a minor currency in Vietnam that is 100th of a dong).
So there you have it - our night of scramble, and you learned what the word xu means.
1 comment:
I had no idea that was a word! We'll have to play Scrabble next time we get together. I enjoy it too, but I'm pretty sure you'd win:)
Post a Comment