Ah, it was 37 degrees today! We only needed jackets instead of our winter coats. After quiet time this afternoon, the kids and I went for a short walk through a small quiet neighborhood north of our house. The 3 older kids ran almost the whole time. Then when we got home they played outside. Eliza sat in the stroller watching the action and I chunked and scooped away at the last big patch of ice/snow on our driveway. Oh, it felt so good to be outside.
You know I really don't mind the cold snowy months of December through February up here in Minnesota. I think the harder month to get through is March. The temperatures are warmer but the snow takes so long to melt away and it gets all icky and dirty & very wet. It makes for some messy play time especially for Ezra, who like any other boy is attracted to water & mud. Around here it will be awhile before the sidewalks are clear of snow/ice melting since lots of them are buried under 2 feet of snow.
In the homeschooling realm in our household, it's been fun for me to read to the kids everyday. I read some poetry, a chapter from the In Grandma's Attic series, and I've started them on some USA history by reading If You Sailed on the Mayflower in 1620 and Squanto: Friend of the Pilgrims (by Clyde Bulla).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment