Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Spring clothing change

Well, not that it's really spring here yet. . . .but when March hits I start thinking about the kids' clothes and what fits and about getting out summer stuff. (Also making a list of clothing to look for at garage sales during the summer). So far I've moved Eliza into her 18 month clothes. I'm working on getting Elise into the 4T clothing I've stored away & then putting away the 3T clothes that no longer fit. Ezra is much simpler since at least half of his clothes he actually wears out and so I can just toss them away instead of storing them.
Ella & Emmeline take a little bit longer since I try on their clothes to see how long the shirt sleeves are, and whether or not the pants fit lengthwise. Sometimes I do notice a shirt is getting too short on them, but by the time it's washed and folded I forget which shirt didn't fit. So it's better to take an hour or so and try all the shirts on at the same time.

I've also started the 2 older ones on some new chores. Ella helps me sort the dirty laundry downstairs into the various "color" baskets (when a basket is full - then I wash that color load). Emmeline sorts out the clean laundry on the couch to be folded. Then each child (accept Eliza who has fun pulling any clothes down to the floor that she can get to) fold their own set of clothing. Ella & Emmeline put away all their clothes and I help Ezra & Elise with putting away theirs. I think the sorting/folding system will work fairly well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am working on spring clothing too. Nathan will wear a 4T this summer and Tyler 24 month. When will they stop growing at this rate????