Yesterday on our shopping trip we bought a bag of French Fried Onions at Sam's. And as you know nothing's small quantity there. This big bag only cost $1.88! So we used some of it for tonight's meal. We made chicken breasts dipped in Ranch dressing with the French Fried Onions and some cheese sprinkled on top. Then I steamed some broccoli & mixed it with cream of Chicken soup, some milk, & French Fried Onions for a different version of "green bean casserole". Some whole boiled potatoes completed the meal. All the above turned out well. Now with some previous leftovers and leftovers from tonights supper - tomorrow's lunch and supper and done! Accept for some easy fully cooked sausage patties & eggs & toast (the cleanest breakfast I can serve our kids - that way they can get dressed in their Sunday clothes right away when they get up) in the morning before church service I won't have to cook tomorrow.
I was able to incorporate the kids into meal cleanup today. After breakfast, Ella put away the silverware from the dishwasher & Ezra handed me the plates/bowls on the bottom rack. Emmeline rinsed at lunch & Ella rinsed at supper. So it seems that I have the dishes figured out. Hmmm.... Now to get the laundry piles thought out better. The girls already help fold. I just need to plan out better when to wash & iron, so there's not a continuous pile on the couch upstairs.
This afternoon Ella & Ezra had fun in the snow with a sled & some empty sour cream container. I love it that they can entertain themselves.
This morning Tom got the grout sealed in the bathroom downstairs.
This week, we've returned to having family worship before the kids go to bed. We sing some songs, read one little story out of The Bible in Pictures for Little Eyes, then pray.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment