I mentioned that one of my next tasks was to tackle the never ending stack of papers on the counter, desk, in a box, etc. This is one of my least favorite things to do (probably why it stacks up and never completed), but I've been doing so good keeping up on the dishes that those mounds of papers began encroaching on the empty space on the counter that in previous weeks & months and been continuously occupied by dirty dishes. I've got to get the papers organized in some fashion because I haven't been keeping the dishes clean just to let the papers have more space.
I did some sorting this afternoon; filled a sack of Tom's stuff for him to sort out, stacked the kids' drawings/coloring together (I want to keep a few of them, but have to decide how to file/organize them). I have gotten much better this last year in taking care of incoming mail. Junk mail is immediately ripped/tossed into the recycle sack of paper, bills are placed on a clip to take care of on my evening of doing finances (usually Tuesday).
Yesterday we went to mom's group - boy was that exciting. There were 2 extra little boys there that Marie was watching for the day, and they must of been a little out of sorts. So there was plenty of extra fussing/crying and even some wailing and quite a few time outs for several of the kids. Then came to find out this morning that 2 of Marie's kids are sick. One with a fever on top of a week old cold/cough and the other with the stomach flu. I hope my kids don't get sick.
It was a good Bible study last night. There were 2 new couples who came, one is a neighbor of a couple in our church & not too sure of their spiritual state. The other, the wife comes to church, but the husband seems to be a CEO (Christmas & Easter Only) attender. So we're hoping & praying that this Love and Respect DVD series will help strengthen marriages and provide opportunities for the gospel to be spread and for some of these people to interact with strong/faithful Christians and catch a good fragrance of what an authentic relationship with Christ is like.
While were at this study, our kids were enjoying the time with the babysitter (Josie). She made a craft with them - puffy fish. They colored them (I think she helped cut the shape out). Then they put toilet paper underneath and glued them to paper. I'd like to do a craft like this with my kids once a week. I need to decide which day I'd like it on and schedule it (probably for an afternoon activity). I'd also like to schedule a game time once a week, too. I know the kids would love to play with playdough and paint as well (both require supervision and clean up - which is why in the past I've not let them do it very much). But if I scheduled it, then I'd be mentally prepare for it.
This morning Ella & Emmeline accompanied my to the local grocery store for the weekly sales/coupons shopping. They carried their own purses (Ella - red, Emmeline - navy blue; the ones given to them from Grandma "D") with some of their "coupons" in the purses that they'd cut out. They helped place items in the cart and then place those items on the check out line. With my coupons this time I save $13.77. I thought my best buys were 2 Skippy Peanut butter 18 oz. jars which were on sale & with a store coupon & manufacturer coupon were $1.38 each. 2 Spaghettio's cans on sale & with a coupon were $ .20 each.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment