Monday - Ella completed her 1st book in the Sing, Spell, Read & Write curriculum, which was called Off We Go. Now on Wed she'll start the Raceway Book which takes her through the vowel sounds and starting to read.
After her lesson was done on Monday - Marie Riemer (family with 9 kids) stopped by on her way with her youngest, Gideon, to the emergency room. She dropped off her other 2 young ones, Ezekiel (4) & Zemirah (2). So I had them from 10:30 till 3:30, when the oldest Riemer, Katarina came and picked them up. Gideon ended up having pneumonia & was severely anemic (low iron in blood). Hopefully he'll be out of the hospital and back home sometime on Wed. When Tom was available, he stayed with our kids and I went over to help at the Riember's house - I got a load of laundry going & helped Katarina with dishes.
I was surprised how quiet/nap time went with 2 extras in the house. It was quiet for an hour! My kids were in their normal places. Zemirah fell asleep in a pack n play in the living room and Ezekiel very quietly sat on the couch and looked at a stack of books. This quietness allowed Tom to take a nice nap downstairs - where he was having his Sabbath day. And it allowed me to finish the last 2 books of the Old Testament!
For supper and the evening we had a church leadership meeting to discuss our findings on calling people in the church regarding how they saw God working through people to minister to other people at church. The meeting went very well.
Today - laundry, laundry, laundry, laundry - oh, did I say I did alot of laundry today!?!
I did about 4 loads of my laundry this morning.
Ann, from church, and I did some laundry for the Riemers. I went and picked it up - stuffing lots into laundry baskets & big plastic sacks. Then loaded it in her car - then she took it to a laundry mat where another guy, Pat, from church sat and did the laundry - 14 loads worth. Almost got it all dry (had to dry the last 3 loads at my house - ran out of quarters). He and another guy folded almost all of it. Then when Tom came home - I took it back to the Riemers house where Josiah (the oldest boy) and I sorted it and put the clothes, towels, sheets, etc. away - so that the younger kids wouldn't mess it all up.
Now this evening - I've updated stuff on my computer, paid some bills, did a couple more loads of my laundry. Folded those last 3 loads of the Riemer's clothes - I take it to their house tomorrow. Got the dishwasher going. And now am waiting for Tom to get home from talking with a couple that recently started coming to Harvest. It's 10:15 and I hope to go to bed soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment