More snow fell today, about another 5 inches. So now our deck is covered up to the bottom railing.
Ella did the letter S today. This was a harder letter to write. We had to erase several of them & try it again. Doing these lessons isn't really hard, it's what to do with the youngest two (esp. Ezra) while I'm working with Ella. Despite interruptions, Ella is doing well and catching on fairly well. Might get through the short vowel a before Christmas time.
Made chex mix this afternoon for snack. Ezra just wanted the peanuts, Emmeline preferred the pretzels & I think Ella would've taken the chex cereal. The kids also had a banana each (they were on sale at Glenn's) and Elise actually ate a whole banana herself this time. Previous times I could hardly get her to eat a quarter of one.
Made a Chicken, rice, broccoli casserole for supper - turned out decent and provided leftovers for another meal. And a big plus, is that I got it put together soon enough that we were able to eat at 5:15, rather than after 6.
Got a shower in this morning before the kids woke up. I now agree with Tom that taking a shower seems to be a chore that has to get done, rather than being enjoyable. As well as clipping nails - not just mine, but all 4 kids as well. It's a line up and I do one right after another. I try to keep them from wiggling too much so that I don't clip them too short. So clipping nails will be on the agenda either tomorrow or Thurs.
I didn't get to addressing envelopes for Christmas letters when I wanted too a couple days back, but I did get it accomplished last night.
I'm in the middle of reading Ezekiel & Luke in my Bible reading for the year. Will I finish by year end? Hope so. Will come close anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment