Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Wed Tidings

Elaine today at lunch told one continuous story non-stop while eating (not the best habit to talk while eating, but she wasn't obnoxious or having food drop out of her mouth). She intermixed parts of stories from Madeline, Noah's Ark, and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. So it was quite a story that she told spinning these above stories together.
Productive quiet time today - I read Joel, Amos, and Obadiah. I'd already read Jonah this summer when our growth group studied that book. So now I'm pretty sure I'll finish the Old Test. within 4 days, and then I'll see what I can finish of the New Test.
We finished up 1 Peter tonight at growth group - main themes of the book were suffering for Christ, salvation by God's doing, obedience is our response.
This afternoon following quiet time I got into a vacuum/cleaning mode. I vacuumed the usual - kitchen & crib room, but then also got the ceiling corner (i.e. spider webs and such), pulled out cribs/beds in both the crib room & the girls room. Then dust mopped the living room - amazing sometimes what I sweep out from under the couches (legos, books, small toys, socks-now maybe that small pile of socks missing a match can be finished). Oh and vacuumed the steps going downstairs.
Tomorrow will be the letter Yy, dishes, some laundry, packing, last minute clean up of our bedroom since people will be sleeping in there while we're gone.
Had I think it was duck tonight - oops, thought I was thawing out some pheasant. It tasted alright, not the best meal, but everyone ate it without much hassle.
Our oven upstairs isn't working right now. We'll know soon, if we can fix it. The stove range and broiler works, but not the baking element. So we've made use of the second stove/oven downstairs to do some baking and some meals.
Tomorrow's our weekend away! We all seem to be fairly healthy, just a little bit of some lingering colds.

No comments: