Sunday, December 9, 2007

Weekend news

Well Ezra did get the fever too, but he's already over it - just a day and a half for him. Ella now has it - her temp went up this evening. I can tell that she's older now because she doesn't get sick so easily & sickness doesn't seem to last too long with her. I have a cold - stuffiness, drips. I had to take a kleenex box along to church service this morning, but only had to blow my nose once in between songs that I was playing/singing with the music team this morning.
We did go to the Lighted parade yesterday evening. Got another collection of candy. Every candy cane that hit the pavement shattered in its plastic wrap, but the tootsie rolls & star bursts did just find. So the candy supply (only one per kid for dessert following a meal if they've eaten all the food on their plate) should last until the summer parade next August. I've posted some pictures on Picasa of the parade.
I worked on our finances last night while Tom met with the youth for their discussion night. Once I'm done writing here, I'll get some more done tonight.
Tom preached on Apostasy and legalism from 1 Timothy 4:1-9? Expounding on how churches and people ease into a different gospel (salvation by others means instead of solely trusting in Christ) and how people become legalistic - earning favor with God and people (salvation by Christ plus certain requirements that are added on).
Had a monthly music meeting today at the Riemers. Discussed new songs being added, sound quality on Sunday mornings, and other music stuff.
While I was at this meeting, Tom and the kids went to Dave & Janet Anderson's house and played with 3 yr old Marky & 1 1/2 yr Julia. Ezra & Ella couldn't have snack there because they didn't finish their split pea soup from lunch. (but they did finish it at supper & then enjoyed our yummy pasta dish). Ezra did come ask to have some snack while at the Anderson's but Tom said "no, Ezra, you can't have any because you didn't finish your soup at lunch." And Ezra just turned around and went back to playing. The Anderson's were amazed at this (I think because he didn't throw a fit over it). This is one area where I believe consistency has paid off with our kids.
Tom helped make Fettuccine Chicken Alfredo - Yum! One of our favorite dishes. And Tapioca pudding for dessert.

No comments: