Ella learned the letter Ww today. She's almost done with the alphabet & then it'll be on to the learning the vowels & starting to read. Ella loves to look at books & have them read to her. One of her first questions when ever she sees daddy is "Daddy, can you read me a book?" I need to plan on setting aside at least 15, maybe 30 min a day to sit and read to the kids. They all enjoy story time although the attention spans vary.
During quiet time, it was questionable whether Ezra napped for any length of time. I barely got thru 1 chapter in Daniel & then I snoozed for 15 min which allowed to "wake up" and then I got lots read in my Bible. I proceeded to finish Daniel & Hosea. I'm glad I wasn't Hosea. I would not have wanted to marry a prostitute & then go and buy my spouse back. Ezekiel didn't have an easy prophet's life either - having to lay on his side for an entire year & remain silent for long periods of time for other prophesies. Could you imagine having a message to tell people who you knew weren't going to listen to you like Ezekiel & Jeremiah had to & also be responsible for their deaths if you didn't preach the message? Talk about a big & weighty responsibility. Tomorrow I'll read Joel & maybe Amos?
This evening Tom went to have supper with another single guy from church & so I fixed a meal that I like, but he doesn't really care for. Biscuits & gravy! Can you believe that with all the cookbooks I have (2 shelves worth) that I couldn't find a sausage gravy recipe for biscuits?! So Tom suggested looking it up online - which I went to go & do, but the computer didn't cooperate right away. So I did my own. I fried up some sausage links & took some of the grease from that (instead of using butter) mixed with 2 Tbls flour. Then added 1 cup milk & sprinkled in salt & ground dried mustard. It turned out pretty good. Next time I'll have to look a recipe up online to see some suggestions there.
I did our credit card statement tonight. Have to keep up on finances, esp. since it's year end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment