Friday, December 7, 2007

Friday thoughts

10pm & the thermometer reads -10. Ah, a cold Minnesota winter night. So what did Tom & I do? We walked the 4-5 blocks to the dinner & Boys' Choir concert. Really not worth it to pull the car out & then have to park a block or 2 away. But we did have to run the babysitter 1 mile home when we got home afterwards. Since we parked it the garage, the car temp was 24 - quite a difference from outside. Definite motivation to keep the garage organized enough to park in it all winter.
If the kids are well enough tomorrow evening we'll go and see a lighted Christmas parade.
Had a hard time staying awake to read Ezekiel today. So I munched on some chex mix & that helped quite a bit. I was able to finish 4 chapters. Tomorrow it's the temple chapters and maybe I'll finish it and be on to Daniel the next day.
I read another chapter in the Voddie Baucham book. It's really quite good and very challenging to think of the long term effects of raising children and the parents responsibility of discipling their children in the knowledge, lifestyle, & virtues that are written in and commanded in the Bible.
Elise & Emmeline are doing better today - not quite over the temp yet, but should be soon. I think Ezra is now getting it, although I've noticed that he's hardier than the others and things don't last as long with him.
Ella did the letter T today. We also played "Pick a sound" card game, it's like Go Fish, (it's part of the curriculum). Ella does quite well at it and is looking less and less at the chart to see what sounds the letters make. While this was going on, Ezra & Elise entertained themselves by dumping out all the shoes/boots and rearranged them on the step and floor and a tote sitting near by them. This basically kept them busy the whole time I was with Ella. Then before nap/quiet time Ezra had to pick the shoes all up and put them back in the basket so we wouldn't trip over them.
Emmeline has been asking to her book, too. (the same book as Ella is doing her letters in). I've told Emmeline that she can as soon as she recognizes her letters. It would be too frustrating for her and me to plow through the book when she's not ready for it yet.

No comments: