Thursday, December 6, 2007

Home Day

Put some Christmas decorations up today. a Nativity set from the Philippines, a few lights inside strung across the top of our deck door & across our bay window in the living room, a few stockings hung in various spots - not an all-out decoration, but it does help to create a festive mood that's nice.
It didn't snow like they thought it would. Just a few flurries throughout the day.
It was Tom's day at home. We actually slept in till 7:45 this morning. Which was nice since we were awoken by Emmeline last night saying that she was thirsty. So I sent her to the bathroom to get a drink and she ended up (unknown reason) throwing up on the bathroom floor. She had a temp of 103.6, too. So cleaned it up, got some medicine in her, waited to make sure it would stay down & put her back in bed. She & Elise have been battling the fever today. Hopefully they'll be better tomorrow. Tomorrow evening, Tom & I have been invited to go to a dinner followed by a concert by the Land-O-Lakes Boys Choir (which are just about as good as the Vienna boys choir). But if our kids are still really sick, then Tom will stay home & I'll go to our church's ladies' night out Christmas celebration - potluck with a inexpensive gift exchange. Both good things, although I do look forward to spending an even with Tom. Outings with ladies are nice, but it takes more effort for me to interact with and take initiative in conversations in larger groups. Something I'm learning to do better, but definitely does not come naturally to me.
Ella & Ezra enjoyed playing out in the snow with Daddy today. Up and down the hill in the sleds they went with an occasional snowball/snow throwing fight.
Read in Ezekiel today. Many times over it's repeated in Ezekiel "that they may know that I am the Lord." What drastic measures God had to take to get many peoples and nations attention to recognize who truly is the Lord God.
This morning & part of the afternoon, Tom spent organizing/sorting stuff in the basement. He got some rustic cabin/mountain paintings put up on the wall & threw away a whole bunch of junk. I sorted through my constant pile of paper & stuff on the kitchen counter. It's so hard to keep that space clear and I know that it bugs Tom more than it does me. I really should work on it more so that it doesn't annoy him.
Ezra helped unload the dishwasher today. Did a good job and didn't drop anything!
Tonight we had corn beef slowed roasted with potatoes, onions & carrots. With cabbage added later. Only leftovers was the cabbage. All the kids ate the meal really well.
The day ended with music practice. I'm on for 2 weeks with music then off for 2 weeks. I do like playing & singing, but also like my time off from it as well.
Well I hear Elise starting to fuss. Need to go check her temp before heading to bed.

No comments: