Saturday, February 2, 2008

Where did the day go?

It started out usual. Get kids up and dressed, breakfast, etc. I thought I was coming down with a cold (having blown my nose quite often during the first 20 minutes of getting up). Then I decided to flush the pipes going down from our kitchen sink. Oops! Some stuff had already bubbled up in the floor drain in the laundry room a couple of days ago, and so my faulty logic was flush the pipes before it clogs. Well, the hot water flushed the pipes alright and a sizable amount of icky water bubbled in the floor drain downstairs. Ughh! Now the clean up begins. Tom helps out despite needing to work on the sermon for Sunday (which he only started this morning). So a hour later after mopping, sponging, spraying lysol to rid the air of the smell of icky water; the mess that I created was finally cleaned up. A side note: quite interesting how we had 4 pairs of little eyes very interested in this "oops" clean up and questions being asked by Ella. All to say, not a good way to start a day, nor to better my questionable mood that I woke up with. Tom handled the situation very well, with a good attitude and helpful hands. How grateful I was for that! When I came upstairs, it was already 10:45 - just 15 minutes till lunch time. Where did the day go?
I caught a 20 minute nap during quiet time. For the afternoon, I did some baking. Ella helped me mix up "Mocha Tea cookies" and Emmeline helped me mix up "Cranberry Date Bars". Both were good helpers. I had Emmeline counting the scoops and would ask her "How many more do we need?" Then when the mixing was done and the bars in the oven, Emmeline played "cook/baking" for the next 20-30 minutes and fed her dolly and stuffed puppy.

No comments: